Nicolaides LLP Welcomes Wen-Shin Cheng As Partner in Chicago
Firm Continues to Expand, Eight Other New Attorneys Added to Ranks since January Launch
September 23, 2014
Nicolaides Fink Thorpe Michaelides Sullivan LLP’s (Nicolaides LLP) momentum continues to build as the firm welcomes Wen-Shin Cheng as a partner in the Chicago office. The firm has hired eight other new attorneys since its launch in January of this year, bringing its attorney total to 41.
Cheng joins Nicolaides from Tressler LLP with nearly 20 years of experience in several practice areas, including coverage analysis, employment litigation, claims handling, extracontractual liability,insurance litigation and consulting, and professional and management liability. She represents insurance companies in litigation relating to various matters, including intellectual property, business torts, pollution liability, product liability, employment discrimination and harassment. Cheng frequently defends companies and government entities before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and other agencies.
“I am thrilled to join such an accomplished and well-regarded group of professionals who are clearly focused on results,” said Cheng. “I look forward to continuing to serve my clients from the focused platform Nicolaides provides, alongside great new colleagues who are among the best attorneys in insurance coverage today.”
Managing Partner Richard Nicolaides is pleased with the addition of Cheng and the firm’s continuing success in attracting high-level talent. “Wen brings to our firm an outstanding track record and important relationships, and we are delighted to have her join our team,” he said. “It’s very gratifying to see the firm grow with people of Wen’s caliber, and we look forward to continuing to build our team with exceptional talent.”
The following additional new hires joined Nicolaides during its first nine months of operation:
- Gary Barrera (San Francisco), from Meckler Bulger Tilson Marick & Pearson LLP
- Jeffrey Labovitch (Los Angeles), from Gordon & Rees LLP
- Christopher Blum (Chicago), from Karbal, Cohen, Economou, Silk & Dunne, LLC
- Jodi Green (Chicago), from Meckler Bulger Tilson Marick & Pearson LLP
- Matthew Killen (Chicago), from Grippo & Elden LLC
- Seth Manfredi (San Francisco), from Gordon & Rees LLP
- Matthew Novaria (Chicago), 2014 graduate of DePaul University College of Law
- Liana Yung (San Francisco), from Bryan Cave LLP